ConSet desks offer a healthy ergonomic solution if you have concerns or problems over the increasing cases of repetitive stress injuries and back problems associated with intense computer use. Our desks complement your body and adjust to your specific needs. A ConSet electric sit/stand desk makes it possible for you to change your working position simply by pressing a button.
By changing your working position often you avoid one-sided repeated wear on your musculature and your joint.
There is no legal claim saying that you must have an electric sit/stand desk, BUT there is a legal claim saying that it must be possible to change your working position and adjust the working station to fit the individual. The Labour supervision holds the responsibility that all Danish companies as of 1-1-1997 must comply with their guidelines concerning screen work (AT notice nor. 1108 of 15. December 1992 and AT anv. 184.108.40.206). Furthermore, all EEC countries must comply with EN 527-1 (Tables and desks, Part 1, Purpose).
There are a number of directions for and opinions about the correct positioning of your desk combined with your chair. All experts do, however, agree that the most important thing is to change working position often. Below you will find some rules of thumb for choosing your table / top:
- The table must be height adjustable so that it can be adjusted to the individual and make it possible to place screen keyboard and mouse in a suitable height.
- The table must be so deep (min. 80cm) that the screen can be placed at the optimum distance to the user, and that when working the mouse the whole forearm can rest on the table.
- The table must be wide enough to leave space on both sides of the keyboard for putting things down.
- The table must so deep that both wrists and forearms can rest in front of the keyboard.
- Underneath the table the construction should leave space for the legs to be moved freely.
- By prolonged reading or the like it can be an advantage, if the table can be placed in a sloping position.
Should you want more specific information about ergonomics, please contact us at telephone +45 9680 0080